Saturday, March 20, 2010




I took this picture of my grandfather several years ago, right at the time I started getting into photography and right at the time he was diagnosed with malignant cancer. Doctors gave him 6 months to live. I remember this very moment, crouched down on ground taking this picture. I knew one day I would appreciate it when he was gone.
If It wasn't for my grandfather taking me out on the pathfinder and showing me all that nature has to offer, I don't think I'd be into photography, or half the person I am today for that matter. He had such a love for flowers and all of God creation.
You know that gut wrenching feeling you get in your stomach when you miss someone so much? yeah... that's me right now. where does that come from? why does it hurt? Life is setup in such a beautiful way. I'm blessed to even have known this man, let alone him be like a father to me.
It amazes me how the soul can be drawn to an image and help you recall the good times you've had with a person.


I'm reminded of one of my favorite psalms

psalms 103

15 As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field;

16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.




so humbling, to think one day this world will remember me no more.

No comments: